Wednesday, November 16, 2011

An Artist For President


Susanna Dakin, A driven artist who wanted to make a change during the political nightmare of the 80's, not to dissimilar to our current situation has most recently released a book that chronicles her experience running for president. She ran for president as a both very seriouse attempt & also a performance piece however I feel the seriousness of both should not be separated. She ran as an artist who would change the world through art and make the world beautiful in, of, and as art! Its one of my favoite ideas I have seen folowed through and is incredibly inspiring to me. I dont know how to express the magic it makes me feel or the thrill it gives me to know that things that seem so big are possible!
I have had the privilege of meeting for dinner & drinks with Dakin, as she is the proud mother of my friend as well as fellow artist Andrice Arp (who makes a brief & priceless cameo in this clip as a teenager) whom I look up to (not only because she is so tall!) as an inspiration of greatness and infinite possibility as well. It was super fun to get to discuss topics like the Fluxus movement & Yoko Ono and her feelings on a number of awesome things I rarely get to talk about.
Pure real magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment