Monday, November 21, 2011

Recently in the rentals













These are a slew of movies I have watched or rewatched over the last 2 months (among several others) That have been really powerful for me in one way or another, that i wont probably ever forget. But Just incase..... I put them here for memories sake and also to recommend all of them. There are a few of these I could talk about forever and felt like I should write a detailed post about them, but I have thrown them in here instead of giving them there own spot in the light. I am afraid to expose my feelings about some things and also afraid to get too dark. Some of these films creators I wish to gush upon this blog about down the line but feel inadequate. My love for Catherine Breillat & all f her ideas is one of those. All of these are magic that I wish I could obtain the secret of and regurgitate it filtered through me in some way. They all make me restless to get rad.

2 comments:

  1. Jubilee looks awesome! Also, how was The Piano Tuner of Earthquakes? I love the Brothers Quay, and Institut Benjamenta in particular, so I've always been curious about their second feature-length film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jubilee is awesome!! I cant wait to be able to watch more of Jarman's film, he is a force that I have had lacking in my life. I will have to discuss my wierd feeling on the earthquakes movie. I have mixed love for it. its complicated, i'll explain when we get together next:)

    ReplyDelete